A Virginia-based venture capital company hired SCAPR to improve the client’s Web site and develop news media relationships. The site lacked interesting content, media publicity was minimal, potential investors were receiving little information and the firm’s experienced investment team members were not well-promoted.
Actions and Results by SCAPR
- Wrote a client profile to use as introductory text for anything published online or in print by the company….This consistency has boosted the firm’s brand with potential investors and the media.
- Tracked the success of portfolio companies and reported any news online….This results-oriented data has helped to establish credibility.
- Redesigned the company’s Web site, featured the many interesting senior members of the investment team with professional portrait photographs and rewritten bios, and added a section for each portfolio company….Web usage increased dramatically and so did the firm’s business.
- Produced and printed high-quality pieces for distribution to potential investors….This has increased awareness of the client and boosted inquiries as well as funds for new investment.
- Arranged one-on-one interviews with media representatives from outlets such as CNN, The Washington Business Journal, The Washington Times, Digital Business, American Banker, CEO Magazine and The Financial Times, as well as business radio. Also, conducted a media briefing during the client’s annual gathering of portfolio company CEOs — media representatives participated from Virginia Business, Potomac Tech Journal and Washington TechWay. In addition, developed a New York media tour to half-a-dozen investment publications; although appointments were postponed due to the spring 2000 market crash, contacts with them continue….The client’s overall media exposure and media relationships are now top notch.